English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Defence'
- protection from harm; "sanitation is the best defense against disease"
- military action or resources protecting a country against potential enemies; "they died in the defense of Stalingrad"; "they were developed for the defense program"
- a defendant''s answer or plea denying the truth of the charges against him; "he gave evidence for the defense"
- a structure used for defense; "the artillery battered down the defenses"
- the justification for some act or belief; "he offered a persuasive defense of the theory"
- the speech act of answering an attack on your assertions; "his refutation of the charges was short and persuasive"; "in defense he said the other man started it"
- an organization of defenders that provides resistance against attack; "he joined the defense against invasion"
- the defendant and his legal advisors collectively; "the defense called for a mistrial"
- (sports) the team that is trying to prevent the other team from scoring; "his teams are always good on defense"
- (psychiatry) an unconscious process that tries to reduce the anxiety associated with instinctive desires
'Defence' in other languages
Get definition of Defence, Get synonyms of Defence and translate.Defence in Tamil | Defence in English | Defence in Arabic | Defence in Dutch | Defence in French | Defence in German | Defence in Greek | Defence in Hindi | Defence in Italian | Defence in Japanese | Defence in Korean | Defence in Malay | Defence in Norwegian | Defence in Portuguese | Defence in Russian | Defence in Spanish | Defence in Swedish | Defence in Chinese | Defence in Indonesian | Defence in Urdu | Defence in Bengali | Defence in Thai |
Defence - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Defence from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with lankadictionary.com.