English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Defend'
- argue or speak in defense of; "She supported the motion to strike"
- state or assert; "He maintained his innocence"
- fight against or resist strongly; "The senator said he would oppose the bill"; "Don''t fight it!"
- be on the defensive; act against an attack
- protect against a challenge or attack; "Hold that position behind the trees!"; "Hold the bridge against the enemy''s attacks"
- protect or fight for as a champion
- be the defense counsel for someone in a trial; "Ms. Smith will represent the Defendant"
'Defend' in other languages
Get definition of Defend, Get synonyms of Defend and translate.Defend in Tamil | Defend in English | Defend in Arabic | Defend in Dutch | Defend in French | Defend in German | Defend in Greek | Defend in Hindi | Defend in Italian | Defend in Japanese | Defend in Korean | Defend in Malay | Defend in Norwegian | Defend in Portuguese | Defend in Russian | Defend in Spanish | Defend in Swedish | Defend in Chinese | Defend in Indonesian | Defend in Urdu | Defend in Bengali | Defend in Thai |
Defend - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Defend from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with lankadictionary.com.