English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Shift'
- the act of changing one thing or position for another; "his switch on abortion cost him the election"
- the act of moving from one place to another; "his constant Shifting disrupted the class"
- a loose-fitting dress hanging straight from the shoulders without a waist
- a woman''s sleeveless undergarment
- a qualitative change
- an event in which something is displaced without rotation
- a group of workers who work for a specific period of time
- (geology) a crack in the earth''s crust resulting from the displacement of one side with respect to the other; "they built it right over a geological fault"
- the time period during which you are at work
- make a Shift in or exchange of; "First Joe led; then we switched"
- move and exchange for another; "Shift the date for our class reunion"
- lay aside, abandon, or leave for another; "switch to a different brand of beer"; "She switched psychiatrists"; "The car changed lanes"
- change gears; "you have to Shift when you go down a steep hill"
- move from one setting or context to another; "Shift the emphasis"; "Shift one''s attention"
- change in quality; "His tone Shifted"
- change phonetically as part of a systematic historical change; "Grimm showed how the consonants Shifted"
- use a Shift key on a keyboard; "She could not Shift so all ther letters are written in lower case"
- move abruptly; "The ship suddenly lurched to the left"
- change place or direction; "Shift one''s position"
- move sideways or in an unsteady way; "The ship careened out of control"
- move very slightly; "He Shifted in his seat"
- move around; "transfer the packet from his trouser pockets to a pocket in his jacket"
'Shift' in other languages
Get definition of Shift, Get synonyms of Shift and translate.Shift in Tamil | Shift in English | Shift in Arabic | Shift in Dutch | Shift in French | Shift in German | Shift in Greek | Shift in Hindi | Shift in Italian | Shift in Japanese | Shift in Korean | Shift in Malay | Shift in Norwegian | Shift in Portuguese | Shift in Russian | Shift in Spanish | Shift in Swedish | Shift in Chinese | Shift in Indonesian | Shift in Urdu | Shift in Bengali | Shift in Thai |
Shift - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Shift from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with lankadictionary.com.