English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Assumption'
- the act of taking possession of or power over something; "his Assumption of office coincided with the trouble in Cuba"; "the Nazi Assumption of power in 1934"; "he acquired all the company''s assets for ten million dollars and the Assumption of the compan
- the act of assuming or taking for granted; "your Assumption that I would agree was unwarranted"
- audacious (even arrogant) behavior that you have no right to; "he despised them for their presumptuousness"
- a hypothesis that is taken for granted; "any society is built upon certain Assumptions"
- a statement that is assumed to be true and from which a conclusion can be drawn; "on the Assumption that he has been injured we can infer that he will not to play"
- (Christianity) the taking up of the body and soul of the Virgin Mary when her earthly life had ended
- celebration in the Roman Catholic Church of the Virgin Mary''s being taken up into heaven when her earthly life ended; corresponds to the Dormition in the Eastern Orthodox church
'Assumption' in other languages
Get definition of Assumption, Get synonyms of Assumption and translate.Assumption in Tamil | Assumption in English | Assumption in Arabic | Assumption in Dutch | Assumption in French | Assumption in German | Assumption in Greek | Assumption in Hindi | Assumption in Italian | Assumption in Japanese | Assumption in Korean | Assumption in Malay | Assumption in Norwegian | Assumption in Portuguese | Assumption in Russian | Assumption in Spanish | Assumption in Swedish | Assumption in Chinese | Assumption in Indonesian | Assumption in Urdu | Assumption in Bengali | Assumption in Thai |
Assumption - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Assumption from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with lankadictionary.com.