English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Anchor'
- a mechanical device that prevents a vessel from moving
- a central cohesive source of support and stability; "faith is his Anchor"; "the keystone of campaign reform was the ban on soft money"; "he is the linchpin of this firm"
- a television reporter who coordinates a broadcast to which several correspondents contribute
- secure a vessel with an Anchor; "We Anchored at Baltimore"
- fix firmly and stably; "Anchor the lamppost in concrete"
'Anchor' in other languages
Get definition of Anchor, Get synonyms of Anchor and translate.Anchor in Tamil | Anchor in English | Anchor in Arabic | Anchor in Dutch | Anchor in French | Anchor in German | Anchor in Greek | Anchor in Hindi | Anchor in Italian | Anchor in Japanese | Anchor in Korean | Anchor in Malay | Anchor in Norwegian | Anchor in Portuguese | Anchor in Russian | Anchor in Spanish | Anchor in Swedish | Anchor in Chinese | Anchor in Indonesian | Anchor in Urdu | Anchor in Bengali | Anchor in Thai |
Anchor - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Anchor from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with lankadictionary.com.